- Advocate: For the interests of the psychedelic community.
- Represent: Provide an informed and balanced public voice for the psychedelic community in political and social forums.
- Engage: Facilitate the creation and delivery of resources to strengthen community education, cohesion and direction with a focus on reducing harms and maximising benefits.
- Educate: Help to educate the community on evidence-informed effects and best-practice. Seeking to reduce the stigma associated with drugs in the wider community, using an evidence-based approach.
- Network: provide a hub from which related groups can meet and coordinate, creating greater cohesion and power from which social change can arise.
During this kind of breathwork, participants often report psychedelic states similar to those induced by entheogens. In the 1970s this practice was pioneered in the west by Dr Stanislav Grof as an alternative to using LSD in therapy sessions.Continue reading
The Australian Psychedelic Society attended the Rainbow Serpent Festival This January the APS crew have been having a good ole time at the Rainbow Serpent Festival. This year we hosted a panel discussion alongside PRISM: Psychedelic Research in Science & Medicine and Mind Medicine Australia. We also hosted a stall where we collected thousands of signatures for […]Continue reading